The Wisconsin Department of Transportation offers a Local Roads Improvement Program (LRIP) grant to municipalities which can provide up to 50% of the cost of improving seriously deteriorated county highways, town roads, and city and village streets. The next opportunity to submit a project for consideration for the biennial program is approaching and begins in September.
Stevens Engineers is offering select municipalities in Pierce, Polk, and St. Croix Counties a 1 hour no-cost consultation to review your project ideas that could potentially be a fit for this grant program.
The one-hour consultation would include discussion of project scope, research of existing road composition and rating, and provide our recommendation for proceeding or not. We will also determine if the local funding is more likely or if the project would be competitive for the “discretionary” funding for higher cost projects that give high priority to safety improvements, reconstruction due to heavy vehicles or high-volume traffic, multi-jurisdictional projects or economic or job development.
Some of our recent LRIP successes include:
2020-2021 Local Roads Improvement Project grant successes under the “discretionary” funding:
- $542,392 for the Town of Emerald to reconstruction a 1-mile road section
- $203,600 for the Village of Star Prairie to resurface a 0.8-mile road section
- $296,587 for the Village of Osceola for the reconstruction of a ½-mile road section
A few of the recent completed projects which utilized the LRIP Grant:
- 4th Avenue in the Village of Osceola
- 113th Avenue in Town of Osceola
- Main Street in the Village of Star Prairie
Click here to schedule your no-cost consultation with our staff: