The Ladd family has a rich historical connection to the Village of Osceola. During the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, Charles C. Ladd owned and operated the Osceola Mill and Elevator Company. In 1932, Mrs. Ladd donated the family home, on the corner of River Street and Third Avenue, to the Village, which established Ladd Memorial Hospital.
The intent of acquiring this lot is to create a quiet place that recognizes the Ladd family. The Village of Osceola asked Stevens for assistance in the creation of Ladd Memorial Park. A 0.68-acre overlook located on River Street, one block west of downtown Osceola and across the street from the Osceola Historic Society Museum in the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway.
Stevens assisted them by preparing the grant application for which they were awarded $83,000, which included the price of buying the land, from the Stewardship Local Assistance. Stevens also provided design and construction administration.