Transportation Project Manager
Stevens Engineers, a small, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), is seeking a hardworking, multi-talented individual to win, lead and deliver major transportation projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience with business development, proposal preparation (scope/schedule/budget), staff coordination, project management, and technical background in transportation engineering for either Minnesota Department of Transportation or Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Essential Duties Include:
- Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, and project profitability for roadway engineering projects.
- Evaluate client needs and identify requirements.
- Manage client relationships and lead business development initiatives.
- Prepare reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for DOT projects.
- Participate in project scoping, fee estimating, proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Form project teams and see that responsibilities are assigned, and the execution of tasks are completed according to schedule.
- Submit documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtain required permits.
- Hire and develop key staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience at the Project Manager level with current highway/roadway/street projects.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin
- Experience with a transportation agency or consulting engineering firm and a proven track record of successful transportation project development & design is required
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects
- The ability to demonstrate a good working relationship with WisDOT, County and Local design personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to market to WisDOT, county, and municipal agencies
Possess strong technical, organizational, documentation, and communication skills.
Excellent wage and benefits package offered, including health, disability and life insurance, Simple IRA. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time